Have you ever had one of those weeks where you’ve lost all motivation to do anything productive, and you’ve really just lost interest in most things?
Yup me too!
A month ago, I finished working for the company I’d been with for 3 years. I received a nice little payout, but not enough to bring me early retirement (dammit), so I decided to have a week or two off, then seriously start looking for more work.
In that time, I’ve applied for several jobs, attended a couple of interviews, and I have an interview this week. Yay! I know something is coming, but the last week or so I have been feeling like I’m in a bit of a “funk”. I don’t feel depressed as such, but I’ve felt a little lost and down about things, and like I’m not “contributing”…
To make matters worse, for most of last week, I did pretty much NOTHING! Yup, that’s right. Nothing! And I felt a little guilty about it too.
Each day I would wake up, I’d take a shower (hey at least I was doing that!), I would dress in comfy, stretchy clothes (nothing I would go out in public in!) and for the rest of the day I wouldn’t do very much at all (well…nothing productive), and it was starting to bring me down.
So… today I decided to do something different! I needed to get out of this funk, and the best way to do that is to do something different – I needed to do something to take care of me, too!
Here’s what I did today!
- I got out of bed and cooked my fella and I some breakfast.
- I took a shower, I got dressed, and I applied my Younique makeup. I didn’t have anywhere fancy to go, but hey – if you look good, you feel good, right?? I also played around with the new mascara I just received in the mail.
- I drank some Juice Plus + Complete (Dutch chocolate flavour!), as a healthy mid morning snack! This stuff is sooo full of goodness!
- I drove to the shop to buy food for the week, with the plan to cook up some healthier snacks for the kids who love their junk wayyy too much! I even bought some food to cook up for Fluffy, my dog. She’s one lucky doggy!
- I came home, I put the groceries away, I cranked up the music, and I worked out! YEAH!!! It felt sooooo good, and I didn’t push myself too hard. I just did enough so that I felt I’d pushed my body a little.
- I started cooking up some snacks for the kids. Later today I will cook up some more snacks, as we’ve decided that the usual shop-bought food we’ve been buying isn’t what we want to continue to give them. Half the time you don’t even know what the ingredients are, so best we cook for them ourselves.
So… how do I feel after all of that? I feel AMAZING!!!
It’s incredible how a change in routine can really help to remove that funk, and I’ve loved having the music up so that I can enjoy my cooking while bopping along. Very very awesome!