In fact, when things aren’t going so well, this exercise can really shift your vibe to a more positive one, and this is how miracles happen!
Here are my suggestions about how to really acknowledge your gratitude each day:
- Buy yourself a notebook. You can decorate it if you like – treat this notebook like it’s very precious to you. This notebook is going to change your life – trust me!
- Every morning before you get up (you can do this at night if morning doesn’t suit you), write a list of seven things you are grateful for in that moment. Your list can include absolutely anything, from how grateful you are for your family, or for how you are able to make money from your job, to the fabulous new shoes you bought recently.
- Next, in the second half of your notebook, start ”future gratitude” section.
- In the “future gratitude” section (you don’t have to call it this or even label it – as long as you know where to find this section), write down how grateful you are for something you want in your life but have not yet manifested. For example, if you have a goal to own a beautiful new home, but you don’t yet own this home, express how grateful you are for your new home. (I’ll give an example in a moment).
- As you write down these gratitude statements, be sure to let feelings of gratitude course through your veins. Really experience the gratitude!
If you can, try to write in your new gratitude journal every single day. Remember to feel your feelings of gratitude, and begin to take notice of the positive changes happening in your life!
Ok, so here’s my gratitude list for tonight:
- I am grateful for reverse cycle air conditioning so I am able to heat my home!
- I am grateful for my two beautiful daughters.
- I am grateful for my fabulous new pair of boots.
- I am grateful for the wonderful and inspiring people who are in my life right now.
- I am grateful for my life experiences which will help me to help other women all over the world.
- I am grateful for all of my wonderful clients. They make my day!
- I am grateful for my mentors. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you! xxx
And my future gratitude item is:
I am so happy and grateful now that I am helping millions of women all over the world to build their confidence and self esteem. :)
Ok, so now it’s your turn!