Have you ever noticed when you’re feeling down, that more negative things seem to happen to you over and over again? Why is that?
What I have learned over many years now is that you attract what you’re thinking about. So if you’re thinking negatively, then negative things will continue to happen.
Even though I’m mostly a positive person, I do sometimes fall into the “negative mindset trap”, and I know I need to snap out of it as soon as I can!
So how can you snap out of a negative mindset?
Well, firstly you must understand that it’s difficult to change your mindset instantly, but there are some things you can do to create a more positive mindset, and here they are!
- Don’t buy in to your negative feelings. Yep, sometimes it feels “good” to dwell on all of the terrible things going on in your life right now, and you may kind of enjoy feeling sorry for yourself. But this needs to stop.
- Although you can’t make bad feelings go away, you CAN replace your bad feelings with good feelings!
- Get out your gratitude journal and write down all of the things you are grateful for right now – big or small!
- If you have a coach, give them a call or send them an email asking for help to snap out of this mindset.
- Do something fun! Something you love to do!
- Go for a walk or a run – exercise is great for a happy, healthy mind!
- Sit down and go through your list of goals. Begin to write action steps about what you can to do move you closer to your goals, starting right now. This takes the focus off what you don’t want and puts it back on what you do want.
- Hang out with positive friends.
- Pamper yourself. Paint your toenails, have a long relaxing bath, go and get a massage. Sometimes we feel down because we’re not loving ourselves. Pampering is a great way to shower yourself with love! 😉
- Listen to inspiring audios, over and over again – until your conscious mind gets it!
Further to point 10, I was having a bit of a hard time a couple of weeks ago, and I really did feel that the world was against me. Now I knew things felt bad because I was in a negative mindset, and I knew I had to snap out of it quick, if I wanted to start feeling better!
So I grabbed my copy of The Power, and I listened to it over and over again, for 3 days straight!
Before the end of the first day I was feeling happier and I began to feel inspired again! My outlook on life improved, and eventually, the negative mindset had disappeared!
So listening to audios works beautifully for me, although one of the other ideas on the list may work for you. If one doesn’t work, try another until you find one that works for you.