New year is approaching and that’s the time when we all reflect on the year that has past and make plans for the future, right?
So…. let’s start a few days early!
I know that it’s common for a new year’s resolution to be dropped over time, so let’s think about what you want to do LONG term. What do you want to achieve in 5-10 years? What can you do next year to move you closer to that goal?
That’s where my thoughts are right now.
I’ve always had this feeling that I was destined for more than the regular 9-5, and after being offered a redundancy at work in July this year, it really opened my eyes up to how unreliable a job really is. It made me realise that if I don’t do something about creating a secondary stream of income soon, what will happen if I am made redundant again in my current job?
I’ve had a lot to think about! And this is the basis of everything I have decided I need to do this coming year. My future is important to me, and I don’t want to hit 60 or 65 and have nothing. I want to have at the very LEAST, a small nest egg and recurring income to sustain me.
I’ve dabbled in many things over the years and while I love the products I’ve been selling, the whole time it takes to work in those businesses was just too much for me – plus they required that I go out every week and do stand up presentations. Whilst I don’t really suffer from stage fright anymore, the last thing I want to do after working a 12 hour day, is to go out again, stand in front of a dozen or so people, tell them how wonderful the product is (and it is), then deal with a bunch of skeptics.
Nah, I’m leaving that for those with thicker skin and more energy!
So… as I posted earlier in the month, I’ve found a skincare and makeup line that suits me perfectly, and selling it has actually been easier than I thought! Why? Because I use it, I tell my friends, I show them the results, and they are like “Wow!”, and they buy. Two have already joined me in this business, they’re so impressed!
Not only is this product easy to sell, but there was something else about the product line that I loved:
- Their motto: Living the Younique lifestyle is a commitment to uplifting, empowering, and validating women everywhere. It’s devoting yourself to helping a global family of women realize their potential for personal growth and financial reward. This is in line with what I’ve been trying to do on this site – provide women with a way to empower themselves so that they can make better life choices. Awesome!
- Their products are not tested on animals, are mostly natural, and they’re AMAZING! As a relative of mine said, “Omgsh Michelle those fiber lashes are amazeballs! So beautiful and long & lush! Pls send me info on how to become a rep!”. Yup it was THAT easy! All she had to do was try them and she fell in love.
- I can do this thing 100% online. No need to go to somebody’s house and do a “party”, no having to get a bunch of people over so I can do a presentation, none of that. All I have to do is get myself on Facebook and post before and after shots of myself and my lovely customers, answer questions (on Facebook) and post the link to my free website, created by the company! I can do this thing in addition to my job without compromising a thing – and my relationship gets to stay intact too! 😉
So… here’s what I plan to do next month based on all of this, as I’ve decided to set myself up some monthly challenges, which will get me towards my main long-term goal:
- Continue to promote this business and increase sales. This is a relatively new company, so word is only just starting to get out about it. NOW is the time to get started in this, when it’s just taking off. Who knows where it will end up?? 🙂
- Have at least one more person join my team, so I achieve the “Fast Start” award. To achieve this I need to earn 2000 in “PRS points” (these are points allocated with every sale – I’ve already achieved this), and have three new presenters join my team. Last night Presenter #2 joined my team, so I have one to go! Woohoo! And I didn’t have to convince anybody – they asked ME about joining. This is important, because it highlights just how awesome the products are!
- Focus on achieving Pink status. This company sets you up as a “White status” presenter. The next level is Yellow (I have achieved this and have received a pay rise as a result), followed by Pink. So pink is my next goal! Wooooo!
So that’s my January goals!
If you’re interested in generating an additional income from commission on sales or from building a business that becomes full time, check out http://youniqueproducts.com/Mishy/ for more information. Or contact me and I’ll be happy to answer your questions! 🙂